Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Howdy,

Special effects wizard Stan Winston passed away last Sunday after a battle with multiple myeloma, a blood cancer.

Which means I should probably do this post I've been thinking about, now. On Friday, May 21, 2008 Musician Richie Hass passed away from myeoloma. I have never met the man, or seen him in person. But I enjoyed his music. I was in the process of
transfering my worn out cassette of Richie Hass and the Beatniks "Beatnikmania" to mp3 format when I discovered it was almost a lost cause. I had bought the tape back in the 80's at a Rhino Record Backyard Sale and had proceeded to annoy my friends by constantly playing it.

I googled the blogs and internet hoping to find a new copy before going through with the hassle of fixing the tape and hoping to get one more recording out of it. This was on May 2I, 2008. I found this site (http://friendsofrichie.blogspot.com/2008/03/richie-hass-1952-2008.html) with this entry.

"Richie Hass 1952-2008

Apparently the relapse hit Richie way harder than we thought it would...the blow was lethal. The fight is now over and Richie went as a warrior. "

Needless to say, I was heartsick.

Well, I fixed the cassette as best I could and transfered the songs to my computer, though not in the best of quality.
Here then is my favorite song from Richie Hass. His laughter is contagious on this one.

Your Mama

No comments: